There are many factors that influence how attractive your company is to a Private Equity Group or (PEG) for short. Below is a list of 8 of them for your consideration as you plan your 2015 business strategy.
1. Create an Exit Plan
2. Strengthen your Contracts – Employees/Customers/Vendors
3. Secure your Intellectual Property
4. Complete a Valuation
5. Round out your Management Team
6. Audit Financial Statements
7. Clean-up Ownership Interest/Litigation
8. Make an Acquisition
These are 8 items that you can implemented in the “short-term” less than a year. There are other strategies that can dramatically increase the longer term (2-3 year) valuation of your company that I’ll discuss in the future.